We Came Together to Raise $2950 to Support Ukraine in a Blue & Yellow Day
The results from our company-wide Blue & Yellow Day are in!
Make Space Cares organized an initiative dedicated to supporting Ukraine. Initially, our news and social media timelines were flooded with videos of many attacks and tragedies occurring in Ukraine. During this time, a banner was added to the top of our Make Space Storage website with a link to some of the many ways to support Ukraine. In March, our CEO released an official statement about the necessity to stand with Ukraine.
Although there is less media attention right now, the horrifying reality of what is happening has not improved or calmed down in any way. In fact, it has been getting exponentially worse. For this reason, as a company, we would like to do more and increase our efforts to stand with and support Ukraine.
So, on May 12th, we invited our Make Space Inc. brands and teams to join us in coming together to spread awareness and raise funds for Ukraine by wearing blue and yellow to work. Here are some interesting facts about Ukraine that we shared leading up to our Blue & Yellow Day:
- Ukraine covers an area of 603,548 km2 which is slightly smaller than Manitoba
- The Ukrainian flag is blue and yellow
- The sunflower is Ukraine’s national flower
- Ukraine is the first country in the world to launch digital passports and legally equate them to ordinary documents
- Ukraine ranks 4th in the world for the number of crypto users and has legalized the crypto sector
- Ukraine holds 1st place among Eastern European countries for its outsourcing and R&D activities
- Ukraine is 4th largest worldwide, in making mobile payments
From our Vancouver, BC head office to our Toronto, ON head office it was amazing seeing everyone proudly participating from so many locations across Canada. For each person who took part in our company-wide Blue and Yellow Day, Make Space Cares donated $50 towards our fundraising efforts. We are excited to share that we have finalized our results and as a company raised a total of $2950 in a single day.
Make Space Cares is currently finalizing the total amount raised from the other fundraising efforts we have made for this initiative. All funds raised in this initiative will be donated to the Maple Hope Foundation. We look forward to updating you soon.